WE ARE MOVING! WE ARE NO LONGER POSTING NEW CONTENT HERE. JOIN US AS WE TRANSITION THE BLOG TO OUR AMAZING WEBSITE- YOUR ONE-STOP FOR EVERYTHING! FIND US HERE!

Monday, March 8, 2010

Practicing the 1st Agreement - Helping Others


For the next few weeks I'll be posting a series on "The 10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire." I invite you to participate in the conversation as we explore the power of living a well lived life.

I came up with the "10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire" to help myself and other women identify those areas that would give us the direction we need to live our lives with fulfillment, purpose and joy.

Agreement #1 states: I will help others in their quest to live the life they truly desire.

This agreement is of course, all about helping someone else. Helping others is one of the best ways I know of to get motivated and then stay that way. The pay off you receive for helping someone else can be equally beneficial for you and the recipient. I spend a significant amount of time volunteering with my sorority and I find that I am always filled with awe at how much I get out of volunteering. No matter the age or gender, the act of helping someone else is deeply gratifying.

Okay, to get you in on things here's a few questions to get the conversation going:

•What is your life's quest?
•Have you discovered your passion?
•Did you discover your passion through helping someone else in their life's quest?
•How are you helping someone else in their quest to live the life they truly desire?

That should get us started. Post in the comments section below and let's keep the conversation rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment