WE ARE MOVING! WE ARE NO LONGER POSTING NEW CONTENT HERE. JOIN US AS WE TRANSITION THE BLOG TO OUR AMAZING WEBSITE- YOUR ONE-STOP FOR EVERYTHING! FIND US HERE!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Practicing the 2nd Agreement - The Responsibility of Personal Development


Today, I'll be continuing the series "The 10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire." I invite you to participate in the conversation as we explore the power of living a well lived life.

I came up with the "10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire" to help myself and other women identify those areas that would give us the direction we need to live our lives with fulfillment, purpose and joy.

Agreement # 1 is: I agree to help others in their quest to live the life they truly desire. To read the post about this agreement click here.

Agreement # 2: I agree to discover how to develop myself to the fullest extent.

This agreement asks us to focus on getting serious about developing ourselves and more specifically how to accomplish this in a way that best suits who we are.

You know the old saying "different strokes for different folks," well that ain't nothin' but the truth. I've been a student of personal development for over 20 years and I've read my fair share of books that approached the issue from a variety of perspectives. Books with topics like: how to love, letting go of fear, loving consciously, path to love, purposeful lives, power of now, accessing courage, what color is my parachute and so and, and so on, and so on. Each have been valuable in its own unique way. Each have provided me with more tools to discover the lesson needed at a particular time. But, there comes a time, at the end of the day, after you've read all of the great 10 step plans and so forth, when you have to figure out what will work for you. You have to sift through all that you've digested and create a game plan that's best suited for your complex world. A book can only extend your knowledge, but it's the application of knowledge that changes lives.

Knowledge is really power, understanding how to apply that knowledge is where the real power comes in to play.

The underside of this agreement is about discovering who you are. Because it's through knowing who you are, your strengths and weaknesses, your likes and dislikes, that you're able to discover exactly how to develop your self to the fullest extent possible.

I'd love to hear about what's working for you and why . Leave a note in the comments section below and we'll keep this conversation going.

No comments:

Post a Comment