Tips for Being Positive at Work (From Motivational Speaker Craig Harper):
- Surround yourself with like-minded people who energize and motivate you to want to do better and grow your skill set and brain power. Kindly avoid the negative Nancy's!
- Invest emotional energy into the greatest return. For example, a project is getting you down and out, instead of venting or expressing your emotional dissatisfaction, do something positive the supports the task you are trying to complete.
- Find time to connect and concentrate on who you are as a person, personal and professional goals, what makes you happy and what inspires you to do better! We often forget to focus on ourselves and need a point in the day to go back to basics! Nurture yourself and imagine what a healthy and focused mind can accomplish.
Tips for Being Positive in a Stressful Relationship
- Simply put, if he or she is causing you to lose hair or sleep at night then they probably are not the one for you. This is not to say run like heck or dump your relationship in the garbage but you should avoid people that bring you down and do not throw any positive energy your way.
- Try to work out your relationship the best way you can but if this person makes you miserable then you must decide what will make you happy. If you are not happy and pleased with yourself, you will not be able to be the best you in a relationship.
Tips for Being Positive with Friendships
- They say birds of a feather flock together! Most likely you are going to hang around people who are most like you. To repeat the tips from how to be positive at work, surround yourself with people who are not about the drama and are searching for that light at the end of the tunnel.
- Every friendship has to stand the test of time, and most friendships serve a purpose. Just cherish all the friends you have. Treat them the way you want to be treated and amazing things will grow.
- Plant the seeds of honesty in your friendships and see what you end up with.
It's hard to think positive all the time! Just learn to love yourself and see what that could bring you. Smile and be happy.
What tips can you offer others on how to keep a positive outlook on life?
Photo courtsey of LifeHack.org.