How do we take a day look and transform it to night? It can be easy, fast, and fashionable. Often we need to leave work ready for our evening out with friends. There is so much to think about like makeup, accessories, and a fresh new outfit. Here are some essential tips and tricks to turn up the notches from everyday to glam.
Makeup can be a miracle worker and it instantly boosts a woman’s confidence. Avoid the clutter of carrying a suitcase of makeup out with you. All you really need is five crucial items in your collection:
- First, a complexion product is a must, whether it is a powder or concealer. I wear the Smashbox Halo Powder because you can dust it all over to blot oils or build your coverage to get an even complexion (an added bonus it comes with a brush).
- Secondly, Nars Multiple Stick (best selling Orgasm and South Beach) is a great tool that can be used on eyes, lips, and cheeks.
- Third, Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick Nude Silhouette 214 looks like a lipstick but is creamy and hydrating like a gloss. It makes for a great everyday, but when paired up with a smoky can be an intoxicating look.
- Fourth, mascara makes eyes look brighter and more awake and adds the finishing touch to a look. I recommend Too Faced Lash Injection mini mascara.
- Lastly, black eyeliner never goes out of style like the classic “little black dress.” My favorite is Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes 0L.
If you only one want thing in your makeup bag, the Glamour To Go 2 Pocket Palette by Too Faced has juicy lip glosses, eight silky shadows which can double as an eyeliner, and one peachy pink blush. With these five essential makeup tools anyone can revamp the day office look to an evening cocktail event.
If you're looking to amp up the "wow" factor, do it with a little wardrobe tweak. You can sashay through the streets feeling like a true fashionista. This season we are seeing:
· Bright vibrant colors
· Mix and match patterns
· Basic neutrals with a pop of red
· A more classic look is the skinny jeans paired with a plain basic blouse for day and at night paired it up with stilettos, a blazer, lots of accessories, and more and more gloss on your lips.
· The Black dress is a clothing staple every girl should own. It can easily be turned into a day or night ensemble depending what bag, accessories, and shoes you decide to rock out with it.
I also recommend layering up your clothes. It makes a statement, gives contrast, and it’s the best way to do pull off a quick day to night look.
Visit piperlime.com for your more shopping ideas this season!
Accessories are what tie your whole look together. These pieces can glamorize anyone’s look from plain to POW BAM:
Brooch or floral accessories
A trendy bag that is not a clutch or a supersized tote
Earrings, bracelets, and necklaces
Check out Levres Couture for some inspiration!
Evelyn Perez has been writing for Lasplash.com for two years, where she focuses on fashion and beauty. Perez also works as a professional makeup artist. She invites all beauty junkies to join her website and request any makeup tutorial look they would like to learn.