WE ARE MOVING! WE ARE NO LONGER POSTING NEW CONTENT HERE. JOIN US AS WE TRANSITION THE BLOG TO OUR AMAZING WEBSITE- YOUR ONE-STOP FOR EVERYTHING! FIND US HERE!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Practicing the 6th Agreement - Be You and Nothing Else


Today, I'll be continuing the series "The 10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire." I invite you to participate in the conversation as we explore the power of living a well lived life.

I came up with the "10 Agreements for Living the Life you Truly Desire" to help myself and other women identify those areas that would give us the direction we need to live our lives with fulfillment, purpose and joy.

•Agreement # 1: I agree to help others in their quest to live the life they truly desire.
•Agreement # 2: I agree to discover how to develop myself to the fullest extent.
•Agreement #3: I agree to remember that there is no perfection, only process.
•Agreement #4: I agree to take life serious enough to remember to laugh with the good times and some of the sad ones.
•Agreement #5: I agree to stop self judging behavior and replace it with self assessment. (to read all 5 previous agreements click here)
Agreement #6: I agree to share my gifts and talents with everyone I meet.

Have you ever knowingly turned down you wattage because you believed that would make others feel more comfortable? If you have or still do I'd really like you to stop. Being less than who you truly are is harmful to your spirit and the outcomes of your life.

I once heard a prominent preacher (okay it was T.D.Jakes) say that women ought to turn it down some. He went on to say that a man can't hardly walk in a room full of women anymore because they're doing so much. Buying houses, gettin jobs, etc. (you know regular life stuff). Anyway, the context of his conversation was not about being arrogant, it was about being a good helpmate to a man. I couldn't believe what he was suggesting - turn down your wattage so others can be present? My stepmother even once said that I might have better luck with getting a mate if I didn't tell my dates all of my accomplishments and interests (which are varied) right away. Hello people?! Pump the breaks and let's all read part of the great quote from Marianne Williamson:

"Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do."

In your quest to live the life you truly desire, share your gifts and talents with everyone you meet. On the one hand I am referring to your unique gifts, talents & capabilities; but on the other hand this means be you all the time. Don't hide yourself (gifts & talents) under a rock or play them down or act like you don't have any. You deserve to live a full, rich abundant life experience. Everyone does. You can't control how others respond to you, but you can control your reaction. Be you and nothing less.

Remember, time is short. Do your happy dance. Enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment