WE ARE MOVING! WE ARE NO LONGER POSTING NEW CONTENT HERE. JOIN US AS WE TRANSITION THE BLOG TO OUR AMAZING WEBSITE- YOUR ONE-STOP FOR EVERYTHING! FIND US HERE!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Rep Yo' City: ATL Shawty! Pt. 2

One could not ask for a greater time than living in Atlanta during the time when the south was taking over the music industry: Lil Jon was shouting "YAYEAH!" and "OKAY" from the mountaintops, and the Ying Yang Twins had us shaking it like a Salt Shaker. The music certainly runs through the veins of the city, and there is no doubt that it colored my experience. With a few favorites like "Snap Yo' Fingers," "Nuck if You Buck" and "Walk it Out" ATL definitely has an unmatchable energy.

It would be impossible to list all the songs that were soundtrack of my time in ATL or to sum up the nightlife in this post. However, I will share some of my fondest memories, which include:

-Club 112- Like most people, I had heard about Club 112 way before even going to ATL (mainly because of the group 112), but I was so surprised to find out how close it was to Emory. Having experienced it at that location and the newer location once it moved to Peachtree, I am glad that I can say I went to Club 112. I honestly don't know if it still open or if it has moved to a new location?

-Django- We certainly frequented this place during our senior year, and throroughly enjoyed it every single time. Plus I vividly remember a cute bartender that worked there.

-Sutra- This place holds some of our fond senior year memories.

-Luckie Lounge- I did not discover this place until my most recent visit back to ATL, but I continue to hear great things about it.

**The After-Party**
One just cannot discuss ATL nightlife without mentioning the Waffle House. This 24-hangout is the perfect end to any night out.

Image found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment